Procedure for complaints about sales of counterfeit goods on eBay?

SOEKS1
Contributor
Contributor

Good day!
According to PayPal's terms of service, they will not tolerate the sales of counterfeit goods and will refund the purchase if a buyer can show he has received such an item. Strangely, they won't shut down the account of the seller concerned, even though he/she is breaking the law. I digress...
In my PayPal account, I can find no links for reporting such a seller.

On eBay (France), there are a proliferation of Chinese sellers offering branded goods at ridiculously low prices. Indeed, they have copied our products too. The offending ads have been reported to eBay numerous times and multiple VERO complaints have also been submitted but eBay remain silent and the offending ads continue to steal all our sales. In desperation, I am now turning to PayPal as the intermediary accepting payment for illegal goods.

What would be the procedure I need to take and, how can customers who have been tricked by these ads launch a complaint, please?
I do realize that the latter need to open a dispute but I cannot find a direct link I can provide them with. This is probably because my account is for professional purposes hence, there is no option for me to open a dispute, only to respond to one.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @SOEKS1,

If you would like to report an eBay item for any reason; you can use this following link: Report an Item.

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SOEKS1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion Jon. I submitted the request and after a few days received a reply informing me that PayPal take the sale of counterfeits very seriously however, due to the massive amount of complaints received, they require time to delete offending listings. It ended by asking me to be patient.

That was just over a month ago and the listings are still online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.