Problems with seller.

rambo61604
New Community Member

I am new to this forum and wondered if anybody can help. I ordered an item from 50flashsale.com on May 17. I never received the item. The UPS tracking number was for something not related to the sale or to my info. That package was delivered to a business, so it lists MY package as delivered. The seller will not answer my emails and the listed phone number is not valid.

I filed a dispute with PayPal's resolution center and it was almost immediately denied. I cant find out why, and there is a 1 1/2 hour wait to talk to someone. Can anyone out there help? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Blessed_x3
Contributor
Contributor
I was also scammed by this company. Google them. I found out this is a scam site after I purchased a birthday present for my daughter. PayPal denied my dispute because the tracking information shows item was delivered. They don’t care that these guys are using other people’s tracking #’s to prove delivery. I know their have been a lot of disputes made about them. Even still, PP continues to works with them scamming our money. Really thinking twice about using PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Kelgerm
Contributor
Contributor
I was also scammed from them and denied by PayPal. What do I do now?
Login to Me Too

koby620
New Community Member

I'm starting to think PayPal is implicit.  This company's website (50FlashSale) shows an address that is the University of Buffalo's Health Sciences Library.  The telephone number is a non-working number from California.  The e-mail address provided is bogus.  I too was denied almost immediately, and my appeal was denied also.  PayPal is not easy to deal with in these situations.  I guess as long as they're making their money they don't care.  I went to UPS and they said they will have their security people look into this matter.  I also filed a complaint on-line with the government through IC3.gov.  I hope to hear something from either complaint.  In the meantime, I have a call in to my bank to try to recover the money.  Protection, huh, PayPal?  Your computers can't do everything.  But customer service is certainly becoming extict with the big on-line companies.

Login to Me Too

jayrow
New Community Member

PAYPAL, PLEASE STOP ALLOWING THIS COMPANY TO USE YOUR SERVICES TO SCAM PEOPLE!

Login to Me Too

seba72
New Community Member

has anyone gotten a phone number to talk to a human regarding this scam at Paypal?

Login to Me Too

buck1234
New Community Member

Hang in there.   PayPal will cancel your complaint several times and Paypal will keep telling you they have a tracking number and the item has been delivered and never do any investigation.   You will tell them the tracking number provided belongs to someone else, but PayPal will never call UPS to verify - just keep telling you "you lose".   It doesn't matter to Paypal that the sellers phone doesn't work, or all emails are returned as undeliverable.      There are no red flags to how many complaints they handle daily on this vendor?     Just waiding through a system which diverts everything into categories and there is no category  for fraud...   If you set up your complaint as 'fraud" they will cancel your complaint saying "well, you willingly sent him money, so it can't be fraud".      The catagory they like to shove you into is "item not received" so they can hang the reason for canceling your complaint is the bogus tracking number which they refuse to investigate?

Here's how to get results...   First you have to call UPS since PayPal is refusing to do it and believe or not, they will provide you written confirmation on who that tracking number belongs to.   Now you can forward that proof along with this article  

https://www.bbb.org/en/us/article/news-releases/17880-bbb-alert-50flashsalecom-isnt-what-it-seems

Showing Better Business Bureau complaints on 10flashsale and PayPals blind protection of his little scheme.     Paypal won't investigate anything and cares less the tracking numbers are bogus, and they have hundreds of complaints about this vendor.   They just seem to go to sleep and cancel your case at every turn.     Stay in there, persist, and you will prevail.     PayPal is so blind it almost seems like they are aware of the fraud (they have to be) yet insist on helping the crook rather than protecting us from them.    

I've been on hold for over three hours and never able to speak to a person.     Just part of the test of how many rolling barrels you can jump before they wear you down and you give up.   A better number is 877-569-1141.

Hang in there despite their lack of investigation or help you will prevail if you keep proving over and over to them this vendor is a crook.    You'll be exhausted by the time you prevail, hang in there!

Login to Me Too

Gettinupset
Contributor
Contributor
Ok you guys I caught them. I worked extensively with ups their fraud department. Showed them all my correspondence with PayPal and with the buyer. The clearly told me it was a obvious case of fraud. UPS provided me with a written statement proving that seller changed the name on the package, and changed the address. There fore shipping to to some random ....in my case a sweet 68 year old lady. Whom I got the package from. It's ironic it said 2 lbs when I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner which according to Dyson weighs 25lbs. Anyway it's just an empty box. Anything just so PayPal sees it was delivered. Please note that I have repeatedly asked PayPal to get a copy of the shipping label and contact ups. After I found all this evidance I called customer service and recorded every part of our 30 minutes conversation. I cross examined that representative, had her read me the buyer protection policy out loud stated her name and employee I'd number. That PayPal representative admitted to me this seller has been flagged as fraudulent and I was able to get my money back. But I wasn't thru with her yes. I asked her on what basis did PayPal deny my case initially. All being recorded for legal purposes. She said because the seller provided a valid shipping address and tracking thru UPS stated delivered to Las Vegas , NV 89145. My city and same zip code. But to what address I asked her. Read me the address from the shipping label mam. She stuttered and said we don't have that . I said then how can PayPal be certain it was indeed delivered to my personal address. Wouldn't PayPalreach out to UPS. Should told me NO!!!!! NO!!! I was shocked I said and why would papypal who has the buyer protection ploicy she just read to me not try or want to find out of work with UPS to figure out where it was delivered. After all that is why we have all contacted you. And we had faith in the so called buyer protection policy. I told her so now that you know others are affected by this same situation and seller. I know because it's I'll over the PayPal blogs! I asked her is PayPal going to reach out to every single person and refund them their money after papypal refuses to help the buyer and keeps siding with the seller. And she again said NO! NO! I said why not...she said it was not ploicy.. I asked her to please state her police.. she said it had to be a certain dollar amount. I have it all recorded and documented. Here is copy of UPS response to me regarding that tracking number given to both me and PayPal. Look Hello 🏋️:O:-|🤩7 Thanks for your reply and explanation. My apologies for the late response due to high e-mail volume. After reviewing our system, Ii noticed that the Sender gave us a totally different address for this package 1Z338E490367958364. Your purchase may show the correct address but they entered a totally different address on the label created. I also noticed that this package 1Z338E490367958364 was not under your name. I understand that you have not gotten any answer from them yet, however, we suggest you to please try to contact them again or file a police report. On our end, I see that the delivery status of your shipment is currently being investigated. The package investigation began 06/08/18. The investigation can take up to eight business days, but the results are usually received sooner. Once we get an update we will try to contact the Company that shows they sent the package. If you have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact us back. Sincerely, Milton M. UPS Customer Support
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.