Problem with refund

Spajas
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have sold t-shirt and buyer received it and found out there are stains on t-shirt, so he opened claim. I had negative balance on paypal so I told my friend to send me needed money on paypal via f&f. Negative balance dissapeared and when I am trying to refund it says there is no money in paypal account. It has just disappeared. I have these transactions from friend in complete transactions but I cant see it anywhere, I cant refund.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spajas

DO NOT send money again for the refund or you would have refund twice, all you need to do is zero the PayPal balance.  

Once a claim is filed, PayPal immediately grabs the amount from you account and puts it on hold pending outcome of claim. If you do not have funds in your PayPal, of course it will make your balance negative and you have to zero it out. The funds to refund the buyer is now held by PayPal so all you do is issue refund from inside the claim, in the resolution center. If the dispute is escalated, PayPal reviews case and will refund the buyer for you from the held funds if you lose the claim.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Spajas
Contributor
Contributor

So, if I did zero the balance it is all good? Because I cant see anywhere it has been refunded, or it is held by paypal. Like it never happened. And claim is not closed, it is in open claims and waiting for my response. @sharpiemarker

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Spajas

DO NOT send money again for the refund or you would have refund twice, all you need to do is zero the PayPal balance.  

Once a claim is filed, PayPal immediately grabs the amount from you account and puts it on hold pending outcome of claim. If you do not have funds in your PayPal, it will make your balance negative and you have to zero it out. The funds to refund the buyer is now held by PayPal so all you do is issue refund from inside the claim. If the dispute is escalated, PayPal reviews case and will refund the buyer if you lose.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spajas

You zero'd out your balance. All good. But to refund, you have to refund from inside the dispute. If dispute is escalated to a claim (Under Review) then PayPal will most likely refund buyer for you when they make the decision or you can contact customer service now and have them issue the refund for you and close the case.

If you want to refund an escalated case, you must call in to customer service and tell them to refund and close the case. Or wait for the PayPal to decide on the case and refund for you.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Login to Me Too

Spajas
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker When I click on "Refund and close" it says "The refund amount is greater than your current PayPal balance. Please add money to your balance or link a bank account to send the refund." but I did zero'd my paypal balance so I have no money on paypal balance. Should I escalate to paypal?

@Spajas wrote:

So, if I did zero the balance it is all good? Because I cant see anywhere it has been refunded, or it is held by paypal. Like it never happened. And claim is not closed, it is in open claims and waiting for my response. @sharpiemarker

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Spajas

Once a claim is filed, PayPal immediately grabs the amount from you account and puts it on hold pending outcome of claim. If you do not have funds in your PayPal, it will make your balance negative and you have to zero it out. The funds to refund the buyer is now held by PayPal so all you do is issue refund from inside the claim. If the dispute is escalated, PayPal reviews case and will refund the buyer if you lose.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spajas

Yeah, escalate. If PayPal needs more money, I'm sure they'll put a negative on your account again but at least you'll know exactly how much you need and not over pay.

Login to Me Too

Spajas
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, thank you so much 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.