Problem with refund, Need feedback from the community

anstds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community!

I really don't know what to do so I'm writting here and hope to get some feedback from paypal.

Currently I'm in a dispute with a seller, in may I bought a computer for 899.99 it was advertised as new but when I recieved it it wasn't there was an Issue with the screen so I contacted dell for this issue and they told me that thas issue was alredy reported to them in november of 2017 so I tought that it was a Scam, I started the resolution center case... I send it back the computer via USPS I was not aware that I needed to send a signature with that package because normally I just send it with usps and the tracking number it's enough for this cases... I called USPS several times and when you don't ask for a proof it's practically impossible to get antoher proof other than the receipt and the tracking number...

The package show that it's delievered and I double checked with usps and they told and I talked with the office in Brooklyn and they also confirmed that was delievered but right now the seller it's saying that never arrived I assume, so paypal it's asking me for a proof o delivery something that I' ll never obtain  beacuse I never asked for that service , so i'm pretty angry because I sent the computer back to the seller , pay for the shipping, the computer it's delivered to the address and he has the computer and never gave me a refund... they want that I made and arrengament with the seller something that never will happen I sent several mails to the seller with no answer he is just happy it happened the best for him, a computer to sell and scam another buyer and 900 USD in their account, doube win

What would you do in my situation it's $ 900.00 I have been using paypal for 7-8 Years and for the first time I feel that they don't protect the customer.

By the way sorry If I wrote something with no sense... I'm not a native speaker.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

anstds
Contributor
Contributor

😞 wow none response jaja 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

payment of $750 or more would need tracking and signature confirmation.

if you don't have them,you lose the dispute.

but signature confirmation is Paypal and Ebay requirement,not credit card issuer,so if you have used your credit card,file chargeback,you have 180 days.

I assume you have tracking? which showed delivered

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

proof of delivery is USPS tracking number showing it has been delivered to his address .

Login to Me Too

anstds
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have a tracking number and it's says that the package. It's. Already delivered they asked to. The seller. If the package arrived I asume that it's. My word against the seller I also. Sent a copy of the receipt but like. You've said I lost the appeal because of. The signature. Confirmation
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

your credit card issuer would not care if it is signed for ,so file chargeback and showed them the tracking number .

you can go to www.usps.com,type in tracking number and get the tracking history.

make a copy and include in your chargeback  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.