Problem with money...

kelbel2914
New Community Member

Hi 

So PayPal sent the payment to the company that I purchased items from when I placed a stop payment at my financial institution. The company sent me the items and now I am having to pay postage to return them. I am very upset and I have spoken to a representative from PayPal and all he could suggest was going to the resolution center, well that center doesn't offer an option for what I need so I filed a dispute with the company which it's not their fault because they received the payment from PayPal but I am NOT paying PayPal $145 when I placed a stop payment on this through my bank. I feel I do not owe them a dime and the company should refund PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Shyqo
New Community Member

I cant transfer money in USD in my Bank that is in USD but it say exhange rate currency in country currency. Why I need to exchange from USD to ALL and after from ALL to USD ?? I want to transfer money from USD to USD

Login to Me Too

kelbel2914
New Community Member

I am not sure why they have to be so difficult but I am about to take it further in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kelbel2914 

You authorised a payment to a seller and paypal processed it as you requested.

If you changed your mind you should have contacted the seller and requested a refund.

By stopping payment via your bank leaves paypal with the 'bill' as unless the seller/merchant refunds someone has to pay.

So why should paypal foot the bill for a payment you told them to process for you? 

They always 'front' the payment to the seller and then wait for your bank transfer to arrive to reimburse them, you stopped that and so paypal were left with the bill YOU requested them to send.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.