Problem with 'item received' consequences

Muster09
New Community Member

I bought a camcorder and received a different product. Seller apologised and said it was a warehouse error and arranged for me to return the incorrect product - and advised they would try to find my camcorder. Despite 2 requests for a progress report I have heard no further and Paypal has paid them. I have not received the camcorder but the amount will be withdrawn from my bank account in August. The problem seems to be that the original parcel incorrectly indicates that I received the camcorder (I didn't, I received a product but it was something else altogether and so, returned). Ebay messaging records the apology and the arrangements and shows no response from the seller to my progress report requests or any subsequent delivery from them.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you did not open a case of Item not as described on Ebay or Paypal but return the item with tracking,you could file chargeback with your  cc issuer and give them the tracking number.

Best is to call Ebay first ,it has 30 days money back guarantee and ask them what is the best approach.

make a paper copy of your tracking history ,USPS does not keep tracking forever.  

next time open a case with Ebay in 30 days,Ebay will send you a return label,once shipped,Ebay will bill the postage to his seller account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.