Problem with chargeback

Andrew_87
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

We usually pay selling fees on eBay directly by visa card. In August 2018, we also paid a fee for July 2018 by visa card in the amount of $6XX.YY. At the same time the same amount (6XX.YY) was charged via PayPal with a card of another bank (there was a subscription). We applied to the bank of card holder and PayPal to start chargeback procedure. A month later the card holder bank replied that PayPal had refused to charge back, and the dispute at PayPal was settled in my favor.

For that moment we had an overpayment on our ebay account balance (a positive balance of $ 6XX.YY). Accordingly, we did not pay the selling fee for the next two months as they were covered by the amount of overpayment. In November, we began to pay the selling fee as usual since the positive balance was spent.

Then, on December 2nd, there was the procedure: "- PayPal chargeback - Payment Disputed by accoynt holder". Exactly for this amount $ 6XX.YY. And eBay blocked our account for not paying a fee. On December 4, we paid $ 1XXX.20 (6XX.YY for the chargeback procedure and 684 the selling fee for December.) The account was unblocked.

We contacted Ebay several times. They say that our problem must be solved with PayPal representatives as eBay company charged back to PayPal. They provided a transaction ID of the charge back 3YY6454XXXXXXXXX that can be used to find the payment.
We contacted Russian representatives of PayPal several times. They investigated the case. And every time they replied to us that we had to contact the card holder bank. Now they just ignore us. We contacted the bank and they say that the payment should have been returned to PayPal account. The eBay support say the same.

The main problem is that we still haven’t received a chargeback which took place back in December 2018. Since Russian support for PayPal is inactive, we want to contact American support. Perhaps they will give the correct answer. And they will tell us how to get the money back. Are there any email addresses? Or it’s possible to get a reply here somehow from representatives of the American or European PP support service? Because if we ask for help through the personal PayPal account, a request goes to Russian support and there is no result.

Maybe anyone had a similar situation? I will be grateful for answers.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrew_87 

There is no specific email or phone number, but to contact PayPal always use this method as any numbers or emails found on the net could be fake:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, then scroll down to the bottom and select an option.

Or send private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Andrew_87
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer. I will try to write to social groups.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.