Problem with account won't let me resolve

Erock27
New Community Member
Started when I tried to buy something off ebay, ebay said my account was limited. Went into my paypal account and the notification bell was lit. I check it and it says there is a problem with my account, and it has a Resolve issue button. I click it and all it does it refresh the page. When I checked to see if I have any disputes or whatnot, its fine and dandy. So what now? Paypal is broken?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erock27 

It's probably in the process of putting your account on the identity verification program and there is a lag/glitch.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypal’s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-faq734

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/cip-acceptable-documents-guidelines-faq4007

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Wolivere
Contributor
Contributor

I have gone through this 3 calls. I have recieved 3 emails saying your account is now back in *normal* status. Only to log on and see the resolution button lit up and I click it and it just refreshs the page. 

I check the mobile app it wants all the documents once again that I already provided except they wont accept *pics* of things like Utility bills. 

And it then rejected my passport saying the pic does not show the full document. A month of frustration. 

And support? They gave me two email addesses to try the first one is a bounce back and the second responds with this email address is not monitored please use the resolution center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.