Problem with account - cant change name

lighthousems
New Community Member

Hello community,

we created the business account as listed here on paypal. After few months without problem we got our account temporarily blocked and paypal asked us to provide them with additional documents. As I am the only owner of the company and business account, I provided all the documents (ID, Letter of Authorisation, Information). I provided the documents at least 4 times and we still can not get the name changed and the account working.

I also spoke to the paypal phone operator, but he can not help me as my name is not the same as the business name (obviously, because I am a person, not a company). I feel like they are missing the point.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lighthousems 

Perhaps you have to provide business (Inc, LLC, Corp, sole proprietor, etc) papers, not your papers as an individual as account holder.

Is your business account for an individual or company? If for a company, you need to provide company registration papers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lighthousems
New Community Member

Thanks.

Provided all the documents (also the company) which they asked for.

Only one thing which is not accepted is Letter Of Authorisation, where I cannot approve myself as a holder because the document is not suitable for that.

Letter of authorisation says, that I, as a company owner of XYZ, approve myself to maintain full control of the account.

Their customer service is a disaster.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.