Prepaid debit card transaction information

cgdvm
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to investigate a prepaid debit card transaction?  A prepaid debit card of a family member was used to purchase something through Paypal.  This family member is denying they purchased it and it is something they shouldn't have purchased - something from "VapeNation"  I have the card #, date and amount but that is all.  Any help/info would be apprecatiated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @cgdvm,

I'm sorry to hear that there is an unrecognized transaction on your prepaid debit card history. Please contact PayPal by phone, so you can give the full card number to a representative for investigation. Any associated transactions can be found and looked into. You will also want to contact the card issuing bank to have the card closed to prevent any further unauthorized use. They will be able to advise you regarding any remaining balance. I would suggest saving the physical card or the card number somewhere however, as if our investigation leads to a refund, it would be credited back to the card and you would have to seek reimbursement at that time through the card issuer.

To contact PayPal by phone, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click Contact customer service, and then Call us, and then choose to call as a guest or log in to receive a code to get through identity verification on the call.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.