Prention of payment

rob80123
Contributor
Contributor

How do I prevent an unwanted transaction? If I inactivate the automatic payment and the vendor attempts to charge a fee, will I have to pay for it?  I have attempted to contact the vendor to terminate the authorized transaction but they are ignoring me. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rob80123 

If you mean cancel a subscription then if its inactive paypal shouldn't pay the vendor.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rob80123
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, (fat fingered it).  The vendor is not responding to my calls to cancel my subscription.  I understand I have a payment authorization with them.  I don't know what else to do besides inactivate my payment from PayPal.  I just want to make sure that I won't have to pay for it anymore.

Login to Me Too

rob80123
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to add, but when they charged me last month (which I did not authorize.  Despite the payment agreement I was supposed to 'acknowledge' it for the next three months of service first), PayPal stated I had to pay for it.  In addition, they billed me one day prior to the date they said they would. 

It appears the only recourse I have now is to inactivate the payment, which I hope will resolve this issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.