Pre-2012 records?

annef2019
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've lost access to an account of mine. The company's support state they only accept PayPal Transaction IDs or receipt numbers as proof of ownership. Since whenever I did this transaction would have been before 2012 (my guess is late 2010 - early 2011), I cannot get hold of the ID or receipt number. If  they were sent to my email account, they have since been long deleted.

I need to know is there some way to go back further than 2012? Can support do it manually? It is very important to me, I've lost access to this account and if I cannot claim ownership of it I will be very disheartened, I have had the account since I was 13 or 14.

Thank you in advance and hoping for the best.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annef2019 

PayPal records will only go as far back as 7 years.

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Anything earlier, cross your fingers and contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

annef2019
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've already downloaded and checked those statements. Sorry, thought I mentioned that. Guess I was too brief.

I called their call center (a 31 minute call), and they couldn't find anything, though their records did date back pre-2012... how I am remembering this now seems strange but whatever. I am just a bit flustered due to this whole situation.

But the person that was helping me couldn't find what I was looking for. There were communication errors and misunderstandings, so I would like to hope that they just weren't able to find what I was looking for. I will try emailing and hope for some better results.

I'll go do that now. Thanks for inadvertently reminding me about that. 😛

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.