Power Source Technology Ltd. - has anyone solved a dispute with this company fraudulent company?

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Hope this message finds all of you well.

It's been a tough time since the pandemic started, but it's tougher with situations like this: the company mentioned is scamming people throughout Europe (at least), creating semi fake websites using the countries native language (when it fact has its headquarters and operates fully from China), selling apparent official Apple products when in fact they are cheap, bad quality Apple counterfeits - they are nowhere near an original adaptor, nor they work like one. The product I got was nothing like the description, it does not work, it's not supposed to work. After a quick google search I noticed how this company branches into other small businesses, repeating the same modus operandi to lure people into buying what they think is cheap official chargers and instead scamming them (most of them, from what I understood, don't even get their hands on the products they buy). The vast majority of the reviews were 1* rated, alerting the scams this company perpetuates. After this, I started a dispute with the company in question, and they not only kept the conversation to a minimum, avoiding answering my questions about the nature of the company. I also asked for a contribution in the shipping cost, since shipping the product back to China is super expensive (from my calculations, it should surpass 40 euros) and they just repeated "so sorry we can do nothing, company rules states the buyer pays the shipping fees". Also, the website from which I purchased was taken down after the week where I made my purchase, which leads me to believe this is a common practice from the company in question.

What Paypal did basically was the same request as the company: they want the product back before making a refund. What is this? A normal company would acknowledge its mistake. None was acknowledged. To ship the product back I have to spend almost double of what I spent on the product, making this decision simply unviable. Paypal's protection only ensures that 30e will be guaranteed, making me losing money either way. I was seriously hoping Paypal would detect the scam and fraudulence behind this company but I don't think it's anywhere near this goal. 

In conclusion, it's been a really tough dispute because I suppose the company, on their side, is doing everything possible to keep their image clean, albeit they have loads of negative reviews and people affirming it's clearly a scam from a Chinese company. I just want my money back and it's just absurd that I have to ship a fraudulent piece of plastic back to China to get my 30 euros back. Please let me know if you had any trouble with them and if there's anything I can do to get this dispute solved and to keep this company from stealing people's money. 

If you need any sort of proof for these claims I have screen caps and photos of the product I can upload (they have been shared in the resolution centre and with the company as well). 

Thank you for your time

keep safe 

Tomás

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

ThriftingFAD
Contributor
Contributor
Ridiculous that PayPal lies on their website too. They say we have purchase protection and that THEY will refund us if we get counterfeit goodd, but that is not the case at all. I've ordered two times from two different websites and not only did I receive counterfeit goods, they weren't even counterfeit of the goods I ordered! Now PayPal wants me to ILLEGALLY (FEDERAL OFFENSE in the US) send these counterfeit goods back in order to get the refund. So moral of the story: set up a ton of shops with bogus products, market them to countries far away, send a bogus product, and let PayPal hold your money hostage or give it to the scammer because it will cost you too much to send it back. PayPal enables scammers. They do not have your back. I will not be using PayPal to make online purchases anymore.
Login to Me Too

JAVARO99
Contributor
Contributor

I think I am scammed too .. ordered a computer battery on 30 oct , after request for tracking number and/or a reply it stays silent ..

Ad as said in other threads , I tought it was an UK company .. so I could get it fast .. in stead of from China ... 

At least it is misleading and pure SCAM !

WHAT I DO ????

PAYPAL !!! PLEASE ACT AGAINST THIS DISHONEST PEOPLE .. 

AND YOU ARE CULPABLE TOO .. AS YOU TAKE THE COMISSIONS ON IT !

THANKS

Power Source Technology Co., Ltd. - negatief52,99 EUR 30 Okt.Betaling Transactiegegevens worden geladen voor Power Source Technology Co., Ltd. - negatief52,99 EUR 30 Okt.Betaling  Betaald met PayPal-saldo 52,99 EUR Verzenden naar JAN <removed> "Adres" <removed> België Transactiereferentie 11105776FP109890X Gegevens verkoper Power Source Technology Co., Ltd. <removed> Factuurreferentie <removed> Aankoopgegevens Origineel Accu Batterij HP 812205-001 5195mAh 40Wh [285039] 52,99 EUR Objectnr.BELP-HP-MG04XL-40Wh-2  Totaal 52,99 EUR

Login to Me Too

1_under_par
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone as this thread shows.

SHAME on PayPal for allowing their platform to fund this scam company which sells fake goods.

Actually PayPal really don't care, this is how they make there money!

PayPal - Act!!!

Login to Me Too

JAVARO99
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE : 26 NOVEMBER

after my email and some days , i got an email with a tracking number , i got a advise the parcel arrived in the post office ...

just waiting now to get it ..

Login to Me Too

JAVARO99
Contributor
Contributor

HELLo  UPDATE27 NOVEMBER ;;;

ALL received well in good shape and as described ...

after sending an email for an update , i got a email back after 4 days with a tracking number .

Parel arrived then 3 days after.

END GOOD ALL GOOD ...  THAT SHOULD BE SAID TOO

SO .. NOT A SCAM COMPANY AS FAR AT IT CONCERNS ME .

THANKS  

Login to Me Too

1_under_par
Contributor
Contributor

Interested to know if you bought an "original" part or you knew it to be a "compatible" product?  If you're OK with a cheap copy, then nothing more to be said 🙂

Mine was labelled as Lenovo (proper Lenovo label printing) but with a black sticker over the Lenovo name!

If a battery, have you done any testing of the batery, go through a full charge/discharge routine.  It was only then did I find out it was faulty and clearly a fake.

Login to Me Too

Piloe

The customer protection of Paypal is a joke.

Paypal allows known crooks to continue their practices. Paypal does not act against known scammers (https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Power-Source-Technology-Ltd-has-anyone-...).

The complaints process is not worthy of the name. A fully automatic process (without human intervention or the possibility of contacting someone from the complaints department) only sends messages to and from the fraudsters. The fraudsters can make impossible demands to avoid refunds (prohibited return of dangerous goods - impossibly short deadlines). Paypal does not check anything in terms of content. If the fraudsters reject the complaint, the case is closed for Paypal.

So what is Paypal's customer protection? Nothing. With its automated procedures, Paypal helps fraudsters to set up and maintain fraud schemes.
Paypal must be reasonably aware of the fraudulent practices of Power Source Technology Co Ltd (see messages on forum) and has a duty of care to act against them and protect consumers.

Login to Me Too

Yaraja
Contributor
Contributor
I’m also having a problem with this company. I ordered a charger in may and still haven’t received it. The company keeps sending me tracking numbers which are probably fake and I’m afraid paypal will see it as proof that they’ve sent it and I won’t have my refund.
Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

In that case I think you'll be fine. Paypal is a lot more strict with refunds when the customer actually has recieved the item (to be honest, looking back, if I could've selected that option - because in fact I never got what I ordered - maybe I would've got my money back). Since I actually got the item (but a counterfeit, nonworking, useless piece of plastic going by an actual charger) Paypal was just following their guidelines without taking all the nuances and the obvious scamful tactics into account.

That being said, I really think you'll be fine - you haven't got the item no matter what they say, you could always prove that your local post office never got anything in your name coming from China. 

Best regards and best of luck

Tomás

Login to Me Too

DaiRees
Contributor
Contributor

Another one ripped off by Power Source Technology Co., Ltd. I purchased a genuine Dell battery for my laptop (from a website that I believed to be UK based) but was eventually supplied, from China, with battery that I suspect was a clone, and that I further suspect wasn't even a brand new item. As others have said, PayPal's response was that I could have a refund once I'd uploaded tracking evidence that I'd sent the battery back to China. BUT Lithium batteries are on the prohibited items list of every courier that I tried so, notwithstanding the cost of shipment negating the value of any refund anyway, it actually wasn't possible to send the item back. PayPal weren't at all interested in this and closed the case in favour of the seller. So now I have a battery that's entirely useless and a £42 hole in my bank account where my money used to live.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.