Power Source Technology Ltd. - has anyone solved a dispute with this company fraudulent company?

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Hope this message finds all of you well.

It's been a tough time since the pandemic started, but it's tougher with situations like this: the company mentioned is scamming people throughout Europe (at least), creating semi fake websites using the countries native language (when it fact has its headquarters and operates fully from China), selling apparent official Apple products when in fact they are cheap, bad quality Apple counterfeits - they are nowhere near an original adaptor, nor they work like one. The product I got was nothing like the description, it does not work, it's not supposed to work. After a quick google search I noticed how this company branches into other small businesses, repeating the same modus operandi to lure people into buying what they think is cheap official chargers and instead scamming them (most of them, from what I understood, don't even get their hands on the products they buy). The vast majority of the reviews were 1* rated, alerting the scams this company perpetuates. After this, I started a dispute with the company in question, and they not only kept the conversation to a minimum, avoiding answering my questions about the nature of the company. I also asked for a contribution in the shipping cost, since shipping the product back to China is super expensive (from my calculations, it should surpass 40 euros) and they just repeated "so sorry we can do nothing, company rules states the buyer pays the shipping fees". Also, the website from which I purchased was taken down after the week where I made my purchase, which leads me to believe this is a common practice from the company in question.

What Paypal did basically was the same request as the company: they want the product back before making a refund. What is this? A normal company would acknowledge its mistake. None was acknowledged. To ship the product back I have to spend almost double of what I spent on the product, making this decision simply unviable. Paypal's protection only ensures that 30e will be guaranteed, making me losing money either way. I was seriously hoping Paypal would detect the scam and fraudulence behind this company but I don't think it's anywhere near this goal. 

In conclusion, it's been a really tough dispute because I suppose the company, on their side, is doing everything possible to keep their image clean, albeit they have loads of negative reviews and people affirming it's clearly a scam from a Chinese company. I just want my money back and it's just absurd that I have to ship a fraudulent piece of plastic back to China to get my 30 euros back. Please let me know if you had any trouble with them and if there's anything I can do to get this dispute solved and to keep this company from stealing people's money. 

If you need any sort of proof for these claims I have screen caps and photos of the product I can upload (they have been shared in the resolution centre and with the company as well). 

Thank you for your time

keep safe 

Tomás

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Below you have some pictures that serve as proof for my claims. Adaptadoresloja.com was the website from which I purchased the product (and under the name of the company in question) and has since been taken down. Chargers PC is another website belonging to the company which has reviews from people saying basically the same thing as I'm saying - scamming is in the nature of this company.

Also, below lies an image of my google.maps search of the address the company gave me to ship the product back to them so I could get a refund - the address is only partially correct, the rest, google says it doesn't exist. Fishy, no? Please let me know what I can do here so these guys can get banned from using Paypal, it's CLEARLY  a scam tactic. 

Thank you 

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 14.26.45.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-11 at 14.20.34.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-11 at 14.27.28.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-11 at 14.27.36.png

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

More proof: On the right, my girlfriends offical Apple charger. On the left, my broken, counterfeit "Apple" charger. I repeat: it does not work! Why is Paypal siding with the scammers? Why are they backing their claims? Why isn't Paypal recognizing my problem, the proof I have, the images I upload, why aren't they recognizing that even their ADDRESS is not recognized by google. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SCAM and I'm getting the same replies from different people in customer support. It's really frustrating... people are being scammed and Paypal is siding with the scammer? What am I supposed to do here?

\IMG_2372.jpg

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

More proof: this is the package that I got. The product was shipped from China but I got a package from Estonia? also the charger came from this package, it really was just wrapped in plastic. Also, even GOOGLE tells me to be careful with the email that I got. WHAT IS HAPPENING? How can Paypal overlook all of this information? How can they side with a scam company?

Please help me in any way you can

Thank you 

package.jpg3.png1.png

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Can anybody help? Starting the 21st I'm probably losing this case 

Login to Me Too

Paul-JB
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck.  I too have been scammed and wish/hope there is a way that this company can be banned from trading via Paypal.  I ordered an adapter listed as 'Manufactured by Apple'.  It clearly wasn't.  I contacted the company but received no response so raised a dispute with Paypal.  Offered full refund but only if I return item at my (considerable) expense to China.  Sound familiar?

Paypal advised they could not intervene.  I have activated 'Free return service' with Paypal that should result in partial reimbursement but I will still be out of pocket.  Charging buyer for returning good that are not as advertised contravenes consumer law in the UK but this company is beyond that it seems.

Paypal advised raising dispute with my bank.  Contacted bank who told me because payment to Paypal was made by direct debit, they could not raise a dispute.

Lessons I've learned:

1. If good seems to be  cheaper than any other listing, there is probably a reason

2. For full protection when using Paypal, set up payment by card rather than by Direct Debit

3. Remember there are unscrupulous traders out there, prepared to rip you off and accept bad reviews as collateral damage

PLEASE do not purchase from Power Source Technology Ltd or any of its trading names such as laptopadaptersdepot.co.uk.  If you will do, you will be disappointed. Guaranteed

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for sharing. Needless to say this too gives a hugely bad reputation to Paypal. Before I thought Paypal was the #1 mediator between buyers and sellers, now I just think their service is super flawed because scammers have learned how to deal with Paypal's method to protect the buyers. Shameless rip offs surely bear no consequence. Now I live with buyer's remorse. I already dropped off this case because I knew this would lead nowhere.

It's really sad that we can't trust Paypal anymore.

Best regards

Tomás

Login to Me Too

Paul-JB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tomas

It may lead to nothing but I reported to Paypal that there had been a number of complaints against the same company, including here on the Paypal community forum.

The Paypal agent told me that Power Source Technology is now on a 'scrutiny' list.  Paypal's quality team will investigate and remove the company's Paypal trading privileges if they find due cause.

We should encourage anyone who has had misdealings with this company to register this with Paypal too

We'll see

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paul,

Thank you for replying. Do you think there'll maybe be any chance of getting my money back? It's likely that I went into a phishing hole as well but I guess that's completely out of Paypal's area of work.

Let me know

Best regards

Tomás

Login to Me Too

Paul-JB
Contributor
Contributor
No idea I’m afraid. I’ve sent my item back to China and PayPal have promised refund when it is delivered. I managed to get a partial refund on the postage by signing up for PayPal free return offer. Good luck with yours
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.