Potential scam

jimbo8228
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased a floating water pad mat from an ad on Facebook

Merchant is Shengguo Network Technology Co., Ltd

Received confirmation of payment receipt but nothing else.

Please help

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

justacrazymom
Contributor
Contributor

Received the same junk after complaining.  Please let the forum know if you get your money back.   My dispute is still open but I can't find a place on it to update and tell them that they now sent me a junk piece of black foam.  I am so mad!

Login to Me Too

Txmcpal3604
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly what I got. Didn’t seem to ship until I complained and then this black foam junk
Login to Me Too

justacrazymom
Contributor
Contributor

same.   Still hoping PayPal will come through.  I paid $89 because I bought a big and small one.  I received a small piece of black foam worth probably 2 dollars.

Login to Me Too

AjRn

I got the same mat!

Login to Me Too

justacrazymom
Contributor
Contributor

OMG...... DID YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK?  I'm so sick of this bate and switch stuff.    Mine hasn't arrived and I ordered it back in August.  Great.

Login to Me Too

justacrazymom
Contributor
Contributor

So to continue my first comment, I filed a complaint and asked for my money back as I had never received the "mat float" exactly as the photo above in this comment feed.  I ordered 2 !!

After my complaint and request for a refund through paypal (open dispute) they immediately sent me a garbage piece of black skinny foam that looks like it's used for packing a dishwasher or something.   NOT the huge bright yellow and pink quality pad they advertised.  This goofy piece of foam would sink if you tried to sit on it with ONE PERSON.   This is junk and not the product advertised.

Still waiting to hear back from PayPal but there is no place in my open dispute to put that I received this "BATE AND SWITCH" product today.

Login to Me Too

cglasser
Contributor
Contributor

Be advised that I purchased (thru PayPal) a product (trunk box) and after more than 2 months...they shipped the wrong one. To make it worse, the seller's email address at Shengguo Network Technology <removed> no longer works. I filed dispute today, let's see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Atolson
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. I received this piece of junk foam pad after filing first complaint. Then they say they won't refund money unless I send it back. $80.00 to send back this $30.00 piece of packing foam. 

Seller information

ShengGuo

Transaction amount

$29.99 USD

Date reported

November 1, 2020

Your notes

I have not received a shipping confirmation, and the tracking number says not found. It's been over 2 months since I placed the order.

Additional info
Item issues
  • Different
  • Other
Refund requested

$29.99 USD

Your responses
Date added

December 3, 2020

Your notes

I have been quoted a price of $80.00 to send this $30.00 item back to China. This is a case of fraud, a scam and false advertising. I see there are other cases for this same item and vendor on your site. I am demanding a full refund.

• No tracking #, No shipper
Login to Me Too

justacrazymom
Contributor
Contributor

100% SCAM.

I paid $89 dollars for 2 floats...... After months of waiting, I started a paypal dispute.   Once I did that, they sent me a piece of small skinny black foam.  Hardly the same as the giant hot pink/green/yellow float that they show people doing cartwheels on and 6 to 10 girls laying across it at once.  Just yesterday, THEY CLOSED MY CASE AND AWARDED THE SCAM ARTISTS  becausee they said they submitted a "shipping label" proving they sent it!!  I am livid with paypal and still want my money back!

Any suggestions of what to do after they close your case?

Login to Me Too

Atolson
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was only $30. PayPal will refund return shipping up to $30.00. After they closed my case, I threatened legal action, possibly in the form of a class action because they are perpetuating fraud by continuing to allow their payment method to be used by this fraudulent company to false advertise and not honor the buyer protection. They ended up giving me a $30.00 voucher to use for my next PayPal purchase. If you paid with a credit card linked to your  PayPal account, you can dispute the charge thru your CC company .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.