Potential Scammer Help

camcowcu
New Community Member

Hi all, So I bought a present from <removed> on the 6th of February. I selected 4-7 day shipping and was told I would be sent an email with the tracking number but haven’t received it and it’s now the 13th. I’m almost certain it’s a scam now, how do I get my $35 back? Thanks in advance, Cameron

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Dpetulla1
New Community Member
I’m Having the same exact issue and it’s concerning, may we please get some help?
Login to Me Too

StormyJones
New Community Member

I fell for it too. Is there any help here?

Login to Me Too

CoriD20
New Community Member
Had the same exact thing happen. I've sent multiple emails requesting a Status update. No response! Ugghhhh
Login to Me Too

chingon773
New Community Member

Same exact problem. I contacted them through the email provided on their page stating that I wanted a refund since I no longer need the items as they did not arrive in time for vday not had they even been shipped yet. I got a reply from <removed> telling me to be patient and that they would speed up the process. Again I told them that I do not want the items anymore and just wanted a refund and they replied to me a day later by telling me that they had shipped them. This is a total scam!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your merchants. You'll want to file a dispute against the transaction due to not receiving I hope you receive your refunds soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ylonahroelofs
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact same problem. except paypal are NOT helping me. I did email the provider, but because he gave me delivery date after the final escalation date I did not escalate the issue. PayPal are now refusing to help me and this guy is still trading using their platform and stealing money from people.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ylonahroelofs 

if you don't escalate the dispute closes.

You should have escalated, then if you were given a refund and the item arrived you could easily have paid again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

a4angelv
Contributor
Contributor
Very true: I didn’t realize this til recently and had lost around $150 in ‘lost’ items. But now I understand it’s my onus to escalate to a claim rather than a dispute: I have had 2 refunds this year from PayPal for these types of scam sites. Plus: gotta stop impulse buying from social media sites!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.