Post Office delivered to wrong address, Should Seller be responsible to track it?

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from a seller called Black Ember, and they made a mistake on my address which lead post office delivered to other address. I made a distribution on Paypal with ID PP-007-439-705-295. But Paypal said the parcel is delivered, so closed this case.

It is quite interesting, since I have to contact seller, post office, and paypal. In the end, I have the suffer the lost of my money.

I am wondering, in this case, should buyer like us suffer the lost?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

FrancoBeshyWAP
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Seller will be covered by Paypal if the seller had the item delivered to the address that's specified on the transaction details

if the item was shipped to that address along with a tracking number with confirmed delivery. it wont be taken against the seller

Login to Me Too

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor
thanks. What if post company send it to wrong address and who should trace delivery company to correct the mistake or take the responsibility? As buyer has no idear which delivery company and how the delivery process gonna happen. It is more like seller chosse a delivery company and that company messed up things and customer has to suffer.
Login to Me Too

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor
my case is very simillar to this one https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/What-to-do-re-missing-parcel-Will-Australia-Post-take/td-p/7... . Australia Post sent me an email by saying sender shall be responsible but sender did not even bother to reply. Payal believes I had received the thing......
Login to Me Too

FrancoBeshyWAP
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

if the seller provides a proof of postage showing that they sent the  item to the address that was specified and a proof delivery its already a compelling evidence that the item has been shipped to the right address

Login to Me Too

FrancoBeshyWAP
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

if you think that the seller sent the item to the wrong address please file an appeal by contacting our customer service or

You can appeal the outcome of this case if you have new information that was not considered during the original investigation. If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim, you can do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Go to the Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  2. Click View next to your case, then click Appeal.
Login to Me Too

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor

I reckon I shall give more detail of this case so you could see the whole story. In first time, I made a purchase and leave my address as 1/2 sample street, city, country. This address (1/2 sample street, city, country) appears on paypal transaction detail and also listed in my order confirmation email sent from seller. However when sender sends the item months later, the printed address becomes 1 2 sample street, city, country. I would not be able to tell if this address is wrong or not, really depending on opinion of Delivery company (Australia Post). So when the delivery company send the parcel, they ignored the space on label and directly send to 12 sample street, city, country. I contacted Australia Post, they claims, from their opinion 1 2 sample street, city, country. is same as 12 sample street, city, country. I have been using address like 1/2 sample street, city, country for last 4 years, never went wrong, but this time, seller made a printing mistake and lead to a trouble.

Yes, the parcel has been delivered to 12 sample street, city, country. But it is wrong. I tried to create a case with paypal to resolve this issue with case ID PP-007-439-705-295. But Paypal closed this case and believes it was my bad. Can you please help me?

Login to Me Too

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi In addition the case has been closed, I could not found any appeal button

Login to Me Too

Max_Zhu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Could you please help me to find the button Appeal? I could not find it after following your instruction
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.