Post 180 days claim- Exceptional Circumstance

jeesus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal and community,
I have been automatically rejected by your dispute system as my claim is more than 180days old. However it is in my belief (currently in the middle of a law degree in NSW) this is an exceptional circumstance breaching Australian Consumer Law that requires paypal's attention. There are numerous other people in the same boat as me that will either be filing a claim here (through paypal) soon or through their credit card company. Below is the situation and I thank everyone and anyone for their time in reading it.

Dispute

Originally purchased in Jan 2018 (as seen in transaction) with estimated delivery date of October 2018 for Australia. Product is commonly know as Seedo (https://www.seedolab.com/) (https://www.facebook.com/Seedolab/). However there has been multiple delays and myself (and many others) have lost faith in their ability to deliver the product in Australia in the reasonable near future- the current delay is for Jan 2020, more than 15months after the original promised estimated delivery date and more than 23months after the purchase date.

Their purchase terms & conditions clearly states all the relevant information here (and the availability to refund and cancel at any time) in clauses 5, 6, and 7 (https://www.seedolab.com/purchase-terms/). Furthermore in regards to clause 6, they are in direct breach of Competition and Consumer Act 2010- Schedule 2- The Australian Consumer Law- section 62 -Guarantee as to reasonable time for supply. I have attached a screenshot. Therefore I am entitled both by Seedo's own guarantees and The Australian Consumer Law (and Paypal I hope) to a full refund on my purchase.

I have tried to contact Seedo via both email and Facebook numerous times in the last weeks, however they have reached a point where they will ignore all refund requests even though both their emails and Facebook are active (you can see they attended a convention and constantly posts updates advertisements through email). I would be happy to forward the emails if required. I have heard many other customers has had luck finally getting a refund only after going through PayPal.

I have also attached screenshots of the most recent delays if it is required, but i do believe Paypal has had experience Seedo's refunds issues before. There is a Facebook group with a bunch of their customers in there where we share information with each other seeing information is so hard to come by from the company itself.

Endnote:
I undestand the purpose of the 180 day rule for Paypal- but in this circumstance the company is still operating and using PayPal to take payments for the same product, in which their promised time-frame to deliver often falls outside of those (longer than) 180days guaranteed by PayPal, hence leaving consumers and customers with little option but at the mercy of the company. As a customer it is incredibly difficult to act  given its almost impossible to reach the company. I hope this warrants Paypal to have a look at the situation.

<removed> <removed> <removed>

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

joby617
New Community Member
I have this same issue with this fraudulent company Seedo and I also think PayPal should make an exception and help us to try and recoup whatever funds we can from these scammers!!
Login to Me Too

bmgalv99
New Community Member

I also put in a claim with Paypal just a few days ago and it was rejected due to it being over a 180 days. It was specifically for a refund from Eroll( a parent company of Seedo)  Case ID  PP-D-52595343

Login to Me Too

ssd3
New Community Member

This whole matter of Seedo has been extremely distressing and disturbing. $1600 USD is not a small amount. We invested in a product and have nowhere to go but PayPal to protect the buyers' community. I am hoping they come through.

I resisted doing anything at all because I'm so cynical, but I joined the good fight. My PayPal case ID is PP-D-57164980.

I was in regular correspondence with Seedo the entire time during the many long months of promises for delivery, and Seedo was an active member of PayPal during this time. PayPal has received thousands of dollars in profit from this company, and it's not fair that receive zero recourse for purchasing a product that has been long been a trading as a (non-fraudulent) company on PayPal. But what we have all gone through is fraud. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ssd3 

If you had used a credit card you would probably have been too late as well.

If you had used a bank account or card you wouldn't have been covered in the first place.

So why do you think paypal has to cover you after all that time?

You still have the option of private legal action against the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.