Possible scammer using flawed systems of both PayPal and UPS

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone. So I ordered an item from online and seller shipped through UPS but i didn’t receive the item. I sent emails to seller again and again but they never respond. So I filed dispute with PayPal but was denied simply because the seller provided shipping tracking number. I checked the tracking number with UPS and they confirmed that the delivered address and name are different from mine. I asked for any solid evidence to provide to PayPal but they said the couldn’t provide due to security reasons. Now talked to PayPal, again, and they said they would only reconsider appealing the dispute if I can provide evidence which of course UPS wouldn’t give me for security reasons. PayPal said seller has done his job providing tracking number and said that it doesn’t matter to them if the address is right or wrong and said I need to prove it wrong which again UPS won’t give me proof for security reasons. So basically PayPal policy on this is flawed and the seller could potentially be scammer. PayPal keeps telling me that it’s not their job to reach out to seller which I did try to reach out numerous times which no response from them. So this system is so flawed. Basically I can sell online and shipped it to a friend, and give PayPal the tracking number, with wrong address, and take the money easily and get the item back from my friend. UPS won’t reveal the shipped address due to security reasons and PayPal doesn’t care as long as they get a(any) shipping address. What would you do if it were you?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CSKhai 

Didn't request from UPS the right thing, all UPS need to provide is a letter on their letterhead saying that according to their records and findings of this investigation, the address of delivery for tracking number # XXXXXXXXXXXX is not the same as the address of claimant or claimee and that's it. That's what the USPS would do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
I talked to UPS and they said there’s nothing they can do
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CSKhai 

So much for privatization, the USPS has one over UPS, then. Try calling again until you can get someone who can assist.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/fight-fraud.page

Also file a report at ic3.gov and file a police report.

Login to Me Too

CSKhai
Contributor
Contributor
Now, if I can check the address with them, why can’t PayPal check with them? Why don’t they want to do that? Is it because they are just lazy assess or they just want to stay in their lane? Don’t they want to have great customer support service? That really made me look down on PayPal
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CSKhai 

It is on us to prove our case in the dispute, not PayPal so I doubt they are going to do the legwork for us. IF you paid by credit card, contact your card issuer to dispute.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CSKhai 

Now I just read of a case on eBay that someone was able to get proof from UPS and submitted to eBay and they were able to get refunded. UPS emailed it to them.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/SCAM-Need-help/m-p/29750213#M279475

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.