Possible scam?

SanteriK1
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email from "Paypal" that about an order: "Thank you for your order blaa blaa blaa" And it showed that I had ordered $56.90 worth of "King of Pirates" gold. I've never even heard about that game. I have an app for my bank which always notifies me if I have payments going through and I haven't got any. It's a pdf file also, its not a straight text email like typically. Theres a link to cancel the order but I'm not going to click it since theres no need to "cancel" it when I havent bought anything. Just wanna make sure from someone who knows that it is a 100% scam, that I haven't been phished or anything. Thanks for your help - Santeri K
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SanteriK1 

If you receive an email regarding anything PayPal (official or not), the best and simple thing to do is log on to your PayPal account to check your account and check your financial accounts for any activity. Never download and open any files from the email or click on link in the email or file. Delete the email and file and check your device for spyware, malware, viruses to be safe.  Change passwords too. Sounds like the email was some spam/phishing attempt.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.