Possible scam website purchase

ShmikeyZ
Contributor
Contributor

So I placed 3 orders over 2 days through a website (not sure if I should mention it here since they are a merchant!) and paid for said items with PayPal.  Received confirmation emails of purchases - 2 days later the 'view order' links are now going to a 'page not found' screen.  I did a website scam search and this merchant has been listed with quite a few not so nice comments and incidents.  I really want to cancel my orders (but payments went through).  I have sent an email requesting update on my orders and mentioned my view orders links do not work.  No reply - yet.  Bank cannot do anything and I cannot put in a dispute yet as not enough time has lapsed.  Ever since PayPal started I've been using it with no issue at all but this website has me concerned that I will be waiting months (especially now with COVID) and if I do receive my items that they will be not exactly what I ordered (cheap knockoffs in other words).  Any advice?  Wait and see what happens and for how long before I just write it off .... I'm even afraid to contact the seller in case there are unforeseen repercussions!! Any help/advice appreciated - Cheers, M.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.