Possible scam web site

ScammerAlert
New Community Member

I reported to PayPal a possible scam web site using PayPal.  I ordered a computer motherboard from a site that looked legitimate.  The purchase turned out to be a company in China, the name is in Chinese, and attempts to contact them have failed as they won't respond.  Other people have written about this 'seller' on Amazon; they called it a fraud.  I tried to get information on this company from PayPal; I asked if this seller was fraudulent.  PayPal denied my claim, saying "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized."

But my issue was not whether the transaction was authorized or unauthorized at all.  I had asked whether this seller was legitimate or fraudulent.  Difference!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScammerAlert 

You have 3 options to open a dispute AS LONG AS you didn't use the friends / family option ( if you did then you only get option 3).

1. Item not received.....when you paid but didn't receive or not going to receive anything.

2. Item received but not as described.......if that is what happened.

3. Unauthorised........this is telling paypal that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.........if they check IP addresses and devices and see you made the transaction then that dispue would be closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.