Possible Scam?

goofygooberyea
Contributor
Contributor

yo I hope I'm putting this in the right forum-

I checked my bank a few minutes ago and as of last night (around 3/4am), someone tried sending $1,000 from my bank into my paypal account. My bank is now reading -450ish dollars and I'm freaking a little. My bank is already closed for the evening and I will deff contact them in the morning. 

I logged onto paypal on my pc and found that it was all in Spanish ? And there was a weird number added that I removed. I haven't been able to change my password yet, though.

I tried making a case against the transaction, but paypal said that since I'm receiving money I can only contact the person who sent it (which is my bank so I guess my best bet is with them tomorrow...) 

Calling the paypal support number also received no results, and the automated voice claimed you CAN cancel it up to 3 hours of the transaction being sent...and that small window closed hours ago. 

Does anyone have any advice, or how I can contact paypal and get results? And prevent this from happening in the future? (Although I'm probably going to close my paypal after this lol)

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.