Possible Refund Scam

Tony_Shipton
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe a clever scam? I sold some software to an ebay buyer back in July 2018, no problems with the transaction, sent off the software Via GSP to Europe, got paid just under £128 all ok. 15 Months later..... From Paypal... An unauthorised account activity claim was recently filed against the following transaction. I was given 2 options to respond, either Find your proof of post, or refund... Then I Get an Email from the buyer Making a claim.... Please read.... Dear Seller... Sorry for complicating your life. You probably got request for a statement on the claim of the transaction at PayPal. This is not a claim for our earlier transaction. I'm trying to solve stolen PayPal account of my wife's. And unfortunately, there is no other way than to log into another account (I had to use my account) and mark a specific transaction so that I can even start PayPal technical support. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please report our transaction as correct transaction. With regards Buyer Next thing... Paypal refund him from My bank account..... So now I have to fight to get my money back..... At least I have the buyer’s email to help my case?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony_Shipton 

Why the buyer telling you to mark the transaction as authorized or whatever when they are the ones that are supposed to call off PayPal dispute if they mistakenly disputed your transaction as unauthorized. Smh. Makes no sense. :facepalm:

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tony_Shipton
Contributor
Contributor
Yes.. there was no option to mark as authorised... so a delaying tactic? For me, this could have been resolved if Paypal gave me an option to actually talk to them and explain, instead of just 2 ‘wrong’ options to pick from
Login to Me Too

goofygirl1
New Community Member

You need to make it so we can talk to you.  I keep getting the automatic generated responses and they had nothing to do with what I needed to talk to someone about.  Also make sure everyone you never order a thing from Rotitia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.