Possible Fraud

shp
Contributor
Contributor

Rather complicated situation. I help run a small non profit and the pay pal account was being run by 2 people. One of them has changed the password and the password to the e mail account it is registered to. She has repeatedly dodged these requests for the password and then told us that Pay Pal have mistakenly shut down the account in error and sent the funds to the bank account associated with it which belongs to the charity, she has then set up a new account using the same e mail address. Only conclusion is she has been stealing funds from the account and she doesn't want anyone to see the history, so has made this story up. The problem I have is she changed the password so I can't ring Pay Pal and prove I am the owner of the account and not her. I am devastated because potentially she could have stolen money from a small non profit and I may have to report this matter to the police but I have no way of getting Pay Pal to confirm if they mistakenly closed the account or not, because I don't have the password. My question is, is it possible that Pay Pal could have mistakenly closed the account? And how would I prove I'm the account holder without the password?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.