Possible Fraud and I'm very worried.

BobDudeZone
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, it's my first time to post here. I don't know what I doing or what I should to do after I tried buy from too-good to be real website called Skylerart.com which I see by Google shopping. I saw a 3d printer I want sell for super cheap; $79! However, I should see it coming with many red flags. When I buy it, they don't send me any kind of receipts. But I do take picture of my receipt on website and save it in the case they tried get away. Bam, few days later the website "sudden shutdown" and I can't make connect to that www.skylerart.com, the merchant not take my money for days. I become scared and worry so I send email to Merchant of website to see if he/she is okay and will they able send it. They did not answer back no matter what. With no choices left, I turn to Paypal support by message could help out me however, they cannot do any about it because merchant did not take my money so I decide to wait for while. Some days pass by, merchant finally take my money but not send me shipping notes; I heads to resolution center. I not sure what reason I should fill up so I choose unauthorized transaction. Again week pass, merchant come out of anywhere and send me shipping state and tracking number. After it, they find nothing about unauthorized transaction and tracking number merchant send me is in Chinese and send me to USPS and it said the label is made but not in system and it suppose be coming in 2 weeks and it's overdue. I don't know what I doing now and I would like to some help. Thank you for reading.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobDudeZone 

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was you that made the transaction then they would close the dispute and you are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

Sounds like you bought from one of these sites...........
Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

When the item arrives it will probably be tat so you would need to contact customer services and explain that you opened the wrong dispute by mistake and ask them to open one for you for item received but not as described..........if you win then you will probably have to return the item back to China first.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobDudeZone 

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was you that made the transaction then they would close the dispute and you are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

Sounds like you bought from one of these sites...........
Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

When the item arrives it will probably be tat so you would need to contact customer services and explain that you opened the wrong dispute by mistake and ask them to open one for you for item received but not as described..........if you win then you will probably have to return the item back to China first.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BobDudeZone
Contributor
Contributor

So I should make contact customer services and let them I made wrong reason for dispute so they can reopen my case for right reason? As I see in tracking number, it don't go anywhere for almost week. I use credit card with Paypal so how I can change back if above one not work?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.