Poor advocacy

eaglepx
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any other users that have experienced the situation I have been in regarding dispute resolution?

I am a graphic designer and artist who deals with digital products.  Here is an example of my problem: Recently, I send a digital product to a buyer and the buyer states he never received the product. PayPal tells me they will fight for me, yet an answer comes back saying the seller's banking institution has reviewed the case and they have decided in favor of the seller.  What does PahPal do next?  Nothing.  I am told that I cannot escalate the dispute, the case is closed, sorry, have a nice day.  I had submitted conclusive evidence that the seller did INDEED receive the product.  The seller is a thief and liar.  A few friends of mine have told me of similar instances.  Apparently, there are people who know the loophole in PayPal's system that allows them to steal artwork & digital products and  get away with it.  I find PayPal valuable in purchases with Ebay, but I can't and won't use PayPal to act as my go-between.  

If anyone has any suggestions as an alternative to PayPal, I would surely welcome your view of this problem.

I hope PayPal doesn't delete this post as I hope I can get guidance from other members of the community.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eaglepx

Paypal states you have 0 seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them of course but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eaglepx
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the information. How do I obtain the Protection you mentioned.?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eaglepx

You can't if you sell digital or virtual items but if you sell other types then go and read up on paypals seller protection in their user agreement OR type seller protection into help top of page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eaglepx
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply. I do sell dugutaoitems, so I guess I should find another medium to sell them. It’s a tough business these days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.