Police report required.

Kevz454
New Community Member

I recently ordered a motorcycle helmet from a company in China and after a lengthy delay and followup with the seller received a cheap cloth beanie which had absolutely no resemblance to a helmet. I tried to contact the seller but no reply. I registered a dispute with paypal and after a month was asked to register a police report and provide a copy.  I didn't receive any information regarding the seller or reason why I received the wrong product or a proposed solution. Now going to the police to register a police report for 49 dollars against a company in China seems a little out to lunch to me. My question is, what is Paypal doing to ensure that flyby night companies out of China are not defrauding buyers and doing it under the Paypal umbrella which gives people a false sense of security. I would think that companies that toute Paypal as a payment option should be required to have a retainer registered to give Paypal the option to resolve a dispute as opposed to requiring a police report.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kmb21
New Community Member

Paypal is being unfair in requiring a police report. It's just them trying to get out of their guarantee. Can not get hold of seller and neither could they. cop out on their part

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.