Please someone shed some light on me

Catis
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Everyone x i do need someone to guide me as I've just lost £700 to a scammer. I sold a laptop through Paypal. They have seen in up for sale on Ebay... Asked for my paypal through private email... And thdn paid me and they gave me an address through a fake email. I did post it signed and tracked by parcelforce... And i do have a signature as it has been received... once the seller got the laptop, they have contacted paypal saying it was an unauthorized payment and paypal didn't even asked for anything from me.. They just assumed the buyer was right and gave them the money back. Now i don't have the laptop and either the money! The contact from the buyer on paypal doesn't match the contact they have given me through emails... I don't know what to do to be honest. I just want to cry as i sold the laptop to pay the bills... And now.. No laptop.. No money.. And bills are still at the table to pay. It has to be something i could do. The buyer will scam again.. And this isn't right. Any help please?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Catis

You should be protected if your transaction met the requirements for seller protection. Sometimes the rulings are made in error so you'd have to contact customer service to re-open the case so a human can review it.

Click legal at the bottom of the page and see if you are eligible.  That said, if you shipped the item to an mailing address that is not on the PayPal payment, then you invalidated your protection. PayPal cannot protect you if you do not follow the procedure on the payment details where it specifically tells you to ship to the mailing address in the payment details. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Catis

You should be protected if your transaction met the requirements for seller protection. Sometimes the rulings are made in error so you'd have to contact customer service to re-open the case so a human can review it.

Click legal at the bottom of the page and see if you are eligible.  That said, if you shipped the item to an mailing address that is not on the PayPal payment, then you invalidated your protection. PayPal cannot protect you if you do not follow the procedure on the payment details where it specifically tells you to ship to the mailing address in the payment details. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Catis
Contributor
Contributor
Thank u very much x will have a look at that x
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.