Please Help with Appeals and Refund

Swatches
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I wanted to ask about/dispute a case I have from eBay.

I bought an item there, and then it was not satisfactory/as described. The seller said he would be happy to refund (both on the eBay page and during communications with him) and that we should send it back, so we did. However, after we'd already sent it he emailed us and said "Please write in desciption 8$ amount on the watch and in description write "broken watch". If the value is higher we will not be able to pick up the watch." We told him we'd already sent it and listed the amount that he said it was worth when he sent it to us, and he said that was fine.

However, once it arrived there, our tracking information shows that he refused to accept the delivery, and now he's refusing to refund us because he's saying he didn't get the item (even though we shipped it and tracking information shows it clearly was sent to him), and is asking us that once/if it arrives back to us to resend it to him again (and presumably pay shipping costs yet again) and this time mark it as a gift and as 0$, and that he will only refund us once that happens. This is clearly counter to refund policies, and unscrupulous business practice on his part, to refuse to accept a delivery and then say that he can't refund us because he hasn't got the item back. He's also trying to say that he didn't refuse it, but the tracking information shows otherwise, and as mentioned, he previously stated that he wouldn't pick it up if it was listed as above a certain (false) price.

So we raised a dispute, but just recently they said they found in his favor because we didn't provide tracking information, even though we absolutely did! It's not yet been 10 days, but I can't see an appeal button anywhere and I don't know how to do so. I've tried emailing PayPal but they keep just responding with template emails that don't answer my questions or anything at all, and they've apparently stopped doing the phone customer service. How do I appeal or contact them to get through to an actual person? Please help, thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.