Please Help a Mom out!!

Kate1
Contributor
Contributor

HEY GUYS,

My name is <Removed> and I am need of some help. I actually just have one question, but some background info to my case is important. On November 16th I saw that an unauthorized payment for $656.43. I literally broke down into tears. I of course called PayPal immediately and put in a claim, and at the same time of that phone call my husband was on the phone with our bank cancelling my debit card so it wouldn't happen again. PayPal in the end did not help me. I ended up finding out two things though; when the purchase was actually made and that the person is sending it to an old address that I had listed on my PayPal. So, I went on and called the customer service for Saks and fifth avenue. they were all super nice but no one was really able to help me immediately. They told me my best option was to see if I could receive the item from the address it was being sent to. Thank goodness the people who live at my old address did not open the package and were going to return it to the post office. I was able to make a return through Saks and fifths avenue over the phone and I had the item shipped out the next day. the item arrived and I even got a confirmation email that we set up over the phone. I waited the 11 business days to receive my money and nothing! I was so mad. I called the customer service every single day asking when my money was going to be returned and they told me that they have but my PayPal and my bank statements proved differently. after a bunch of back and fourth, they finally agreed to refund me back 605$ because the person who made this purchase through my PayPal apparently opened my account threw a phishing text message I was sent the month prior. which I have proof I called PayPal that same day that happened because they tried to lock me out of my own account by changing the phone number and password. but I was quick enough and of course knew all the answers to my security questions. my account was secured but I guess not in time for someone to create a merchers agreement with Saks and fifth avenue. so, heres where my question comes in. since my debit card is no longer in use, can Saks and fifth refund me back? the bank account information is still the same but the debit card will be updated because I have recently got a newer one and that one will be the one connected to my PayPal account? If anyone has an answer for me that would be great. I can't seem to get through to customer service and I am getting really worried and I really need this money for my bills.   Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kate1 

No time to read that great block of text, can you edit with just the salient points and a question.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kate1
Contributor
Contributor

that block of information is important! I have been going through this fraud since November 17th! maybe read it and tell me im wrong

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.