Please Help! Can they refund me even though the dispute is open?

LucyKJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I bought some items online and I checked the order status of said item 1-2 weeks later and the order was still just confirmed. I asked the seller for a refund and after some persistence they agreed to give me a refund but apparently they will need to take 5% of it as a handing charge for the shopping plant. I wasn't bothered by this as the payment wasn't big but I told them to take it out of the refund. 

A week later and I still have not received my refund, they said that they cannot issue the refund until I close the Paypal dispute. I would just like to know how true this is as I have never delt with a dispute before and what actions should I take in order to get my refund.

All advise and help would be much appreciated, thank you! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LucyKJ 

Yes, they can refund within dispute and close dispute. Do not close dispute until you get a refund. If seller still does not refund, escalate dispute to a PayPal claim.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LucyKJ
Contributor
Contributor

They are still refusing to refund claiming that they cannot transfer due to the case being open so I have now further escalated it in hopes that Paypal will resolve the issue. 

Thank you  @sharpiemarker for being quick with a response, this has helped greatly! 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.