Please Help! Account permanently limited with 1k plus funds

Calmond32
Contributor
Contributor
Hello my name is Riley, and I have had a PayPal account for about 2 months now. I have completed 3 transactions selling clothes totaling around 1000 usd. Today I tried to transfer my first payment of 142.43$ into my bank account and it gave me an error and said my account is “permanently limited”. My main problem is that I have 882.72$ That it says is “on hold”. Although it says that I will receive the money in my balance in 180 days will I receive all of it including the money on hold once the transactions that are on hold go smoothly. I am in dire need of help so can someone please provide there input because I have been researching for hours and have not found any information helping me. Please tel me if you know if I will eventually receive the money I had on hold after 180 days once the transactions have gone smoothly. Thanks so much all the best
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Calmond32 

If there are no issues reported by the customers of those transactions that are still on 21-day PayPal hold, then those funds will end up in your available balance available for withdrawal in 180 days if you did not violate any PayPal policies where PayPal will seize your funds for damages. $2500 per violation. You agreed to this when you signed up for a PayPal account. So be prepared.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Calmond32
Contributor
Contributor
Ok but if my account got permanently limited but the transactions went smoothly does that mean they are going to take all the funds? Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too

Calmond32
Contributor
Contributor
Please tell me what you mean by this. Are you saying that if I violated there policy during these transactions between me and the buyer? If the transactions went well without the buyer saying anything went wrong with the transaction then will I recieve my money on hold after the 180 days?
Login to Me Too

Calmond32
Contributor
Contributor
All I sold was 3 pieces of clothing nothing else
Login to Me Too

Calmond32
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please reply to me you are making me very anxious and worried.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.