Personal payment dispute

maaarina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I bought a car radio from china off aliexpress (bad mistake) I did not pay with PayPal, paid with a credit card. Anyways, seller sent wrong item, they offered me £75 compensation for this, and paid this amount into my PayPal account. This was two weeks ago. Today I got a message saying they have "not received their item" and opened a dispute. The money is now on hold. I haven't responded to the dispute yet, but I have the thread of messages from aliexpress between us. In the dispute history they have wrote that they added the funds to the wrong account. Am I about to get scammed here? Will PayPal automatically side with them? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maaarina 

As they paid you using the goods / services option then yes they may get their funds back again.

However if you funded that original payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer and if they get that money back then do a chargeback for the full amount??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maaarina
Contributor
Contributor
So even if I can prove with the message thread between me and this other person that it was the correct account they paid the money into, and that the £75 was compensation, not an actual sale, is it likely PayPal will rule in their favour, simply because I cannot provide a tracking number! Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maaarina 

Paypals decisions are strange at the best of times so no way can i second guess their decisions  Smiley Frustrated

All you can do is provide as much info as possible and hope they find in your favour.

If not then go for the other option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maaarina
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for advice. I've opened a dispute with aliexpress to return the radio now anyways, as there was also a part missing when it arrived. And the seller is just totally messing me about now! Funny how I opened the aliexpress dispute, and about five minutes later, the seller disputed the PayPal transaction, but hasn't replied to the aliexpress dispute!!! Do you think it's worthwhile adding the tracking number for the radio I'm now going to return into the dispute on PayPal? Cheers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.