Personal Business account closed due to working for a sporting goods manufacturer that sells on ebay

ShaunBeiz
New Community Member

I have used PayPal for many years and for the last couple years we have been buying and selling baseball cards via ebay and facebook groups. I received a phone call last week from PayPal asking questions about my employer who sells firearms & accessories but only uses PayPal for eBay items that are allowed like optics etc.

My wife and I own a local pizza shop and we use that PayPal account to also buy/sell cards and they advised that is a lot of pizza. There is a very clear transactions record of purchases and items sold via eBay I am not sure why they close our account. 

After talking to customer service they agreed with me and suggested I email appeals, well that was a waste of time. I have not received any ruling as to why my account was frozen only speculation that it is b/c I work for a firearms manufacturer. I asked Customer Service about creating a new business account under a different LLC that just does baseball cards and they advised they didnt see why not but added they cannot guarantee it would be closed as well.

Not surprising, I received an email today that the new paypal account has been frozen. Again with no explanation. We are working to setup the new eBay payments and would like someone from PayPal to let us know why we are unable to use PayPal to buy and sell baseball cards. I have called several times today and the system prompts they cannot help me and hangs up on me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.