Permanently limited without cause

bobcat16
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item from an artist in Australia (I’m in the US) through PayPal. The payment went through to the artist and I received my item a week or so later. That transaction is the only transaction I had made in a year, maybe more. And this is the transaction that has permanently limited my account, and I’m unable to get ahold of any representative to understand what about this was ‘unacceptable’. 
Has anyone had luck in talking to a human at PayPal to help unfold a similar issue? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MontaukArtists
New Community Member

Pay Pal is a scam. They let you sign up for an account, let people deposit money to that account and after they have your money make a decision that stops you from getting your money. They make lots' of money from your money that they are holding. They close your account without explanation and offer you no recourse. This is the biggest scam Ive ever heard of. Meet with NYS Attorneys General office earlier this week. An investigation and law suit will follow. Do not use this service if you are a small not for profit organization, they will steal your money. Im sure they are too punk to allow this post but I hope whoever reads it from pay pal before they delete it takes a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, it might scare them back to reality.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MontaukArtists 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

They want you to open and use Paypal accounts and only ban you if you break either the user agreement or acceptable use policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.