Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
All these months later and its still happening, I assume, because my back Pay was sent 3 days ago, and Im sitting here on Christmas Eve wondering where Im going to live next week
Login to Me Too

Dream2020
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding $54,000 of my income.  I have an online business and they took an entire years income and waited until the end of December 2020 to freeze my money for 180 days.

Login to Me Too

kmvisher
Contributor
Contributor

There were PUA Checks deposited in my account December 18th, 2020 and i am not able to move it, change it, return it, or even use it just like all of you... I have contacted my states Fraud division and even they can't do anything... I have  been on the phone with the over a hour and half this morning only to be told its under review... in other words were not getting to use this money, right???  I need this money just as much as all of you... I am sorry for your problems as well as my own... Anyone with any ideas??? 

Login to Me Too

Cogirl9882
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds like it's time for a class action law suit against pay pal.
Login to Me Too

Neiceyjones20
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your funds? I’m currently going through the same thing. It’s been since November.
Login to Me Too

Mimiof
Contributor
Contributor

Neiceyjones20 if you would like to email me I will let you know how I quickly resolved this issue.

My personal email is <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.