Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

LATHEY000
Pls can you tell us what’s it you did to get it out of your PayPal account
Login to Me Too

lauragoodswen1
Contributor
Contributor

they still haven't released my money which they have held for 190+ and  counting and they wont answer any emails or calls.

Login to Me Too

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor
Thats crazy. Im gonna flip out on them. Just bc u received a deposit dont give them a right to hold someones money! Its bs honestly. They should get in trouble for this bc theirs alot of ppl they already done this to
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Pretty **bleep** seeing how Dan shulman ceo of PayPal makes a billion dollars a year
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Write executiveoffice at pay pal com usually have the
Beat chance of hearing from a real person maybe
Login to Me Too

Temp20201204d
Contributor
Contributor
I can't get my unemployment that I earned and worked my **bleep** off for because these idiots are holding it and now I've lost my house and everything I've worked so hard for and left me and my young daughter homeless and I can't even get an answer as to why and what I did and I don't understand how this is legal in anyway I need help I'm having to ask for help to find a place to stay because we have no where to go. Someone please help
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Open a case against PayPal with the BBB. Write PayPal Corp. In Cali a letter to managment. Took a month but my account reopened today.
Login to Me Too

BBrian0177
Contributor
Contributor

@olboy1155 i already filed a complaint against PAYPAL with BBB but I haven't gotten a mail from BBB yet. How long did it take for BBB to get back to you?

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I just went back and looked at my case. Opened it 7/27/2020 got confirmation email back from the BBB on 7/30/2020. So 3 days you get an email, or get back on there.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Can some one help me. My account frozen do to pua n back payment as well
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.