Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

SnowPlowSam
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get my pua money off my PayPal please and thank you
Login to Me Too

hulbertmichelle
Contributor
Contributor
What is the legal message. I'm trying to get my money pua back pay they are keeping from . I can't wait 180 days.
Login to Me Too

Hey can you please help me? They put a hold on my account because if my husband's pay check being direct deposited. We have over$500 in there and that was our car payment and food for us and our kids. We desperately need our money asap. Please help! Thank you, Stephanie
Login to Me Too

Kimberleigh
Contributor
Contributor

They just stole from over 1800$ last night. I don't know what to do ?do you think I can ask unemployment to take it back and resend it to me???

Login to Me Too

Mimiof
Contributor
Contributor

Marianne I realize this was 2020 when you replied to this but I am in desperate need as well. I have filed complaints with several agencies and I need help with how to send a legal message to PayPal. Thank you and God Bless

Laura

Login to Me Too

Cogirl9882
Contributor
Contributor
I see your post about pay pal putting limitations one you PUA account, it has happened to me also. Can you share with me how you got your money released. What departments or phone numbers did you have to call. Hope you get this I am losing my mind trying to figure out how to my money.
Login to Me Too

Goldskies2
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please help me??? I have the same issue.. can you email me ? Jahaira . Castaneda @ Gmail. Com All together . Thank you
Login to Me Too

cherylg210
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is holding my 3rd stimulus check $1,400. They permanently closed my account a few ago. They stated my funds aren't accessible for 180 days (September)... after this 6 months period they will email me to lmk how I can get my money. Do you know how I can get my money Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted the BBB. By B bc you mean British broadcast company? I have also written a letter to PayPal corporate. How did you email them every day? They have blocked me from the message center, along with the permanent limitation.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
They blocked me like that too
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.