Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor
I did that. The bbb said they have til September 10th so hopefully they come through for me. How did they contact u to let u know it got resolved? And how did u get ur money out?
Login to Me Too

Twidc
Contributor
Contributor
Better business bureau
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Yep Better Business Bureau. You open a case online against PayPal .
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal emailed me first, said it was open. BBB emailed me couple days later told me what was to happen and asked if I was satisfied with outcome. So they both will email you. I had to opened a bank account to try and please paypal, Academy bank. So I immediately linked the bank account. Had to use the 2 deposit method, so it took a day to do that. Then I transferred all the money. If you don't have a bank account, go to a bank with your card. Or you can set up a greendot bank account on line, and may be able to use the deposit system to link it, and transfer to it. I'm not sure though. I initially tried to link a green dot account in the beginning of this mess but it did not work, but I did not try the 2 deposit method. A bluebird account from American express may work also. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Twidc
Contributor
Contributor
Please help
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Get online go to the Better Business Bureau site. File a case against PayPal. It takes about a month for things get worked out. It worked for me. I closed my PayPal account last week.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Your best bet is starting with bbb sanjose then write your congress person
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Your phone number was removed can you please help me with this my number is 7 oh 2 -five one seven - 8four 07
Login to Me Too

Cassshirnell
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I'm pregnaantt n I set this up forr my hubby n its been 4 months and I'm 6 months prego we are starving, really needs this payment!
Login to Me Too

andreakay40
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please help me with what to do. They have done this to my friend and she is BESIDE herself as she is a single mom and has so many bills due and all her money is in her paypal account and is on a 180 day hold.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.