Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Jonathanchico
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my email is <removed> please advise me if you will as to how I can fix this problem it’s been almost 6 months and Christmas is approaching and I have nothing I am borderline homeless

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Same here unbelievable run around through the online customer service team. Never answered questions. Completely impossible. They know exactly what their doing.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
I wrote my congressman and the president not sure if it will help but maybe if more people did then it would
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Someone tell me they've fixed this
Login to Me Too

Biancagregg
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal jus told me they keeping my unemployment Benefits. **bleep** is this legal?

Login to Me Too

Neguinha02
New Community Member

Hey, i had the exact same problem, my account of years got limited a month ago for the exact same reason as yours, i got my PUA payment deposited into paypal which was $9358 all retroactive payment and once it hit my paypal they decided to limit my paypal for absolutely no reason saying they didnt want to do business with me anymore because im a high risk even after i sent all information about my approval letter from PUA and all they still said they were holding all my funds for 180 days they are ridiculous, so after many research online and 2 weeks of emails back and forth because they do not answer phones and their email is automated every time they send the same repply back I finally figure it out how to get my funds, my email is <removed> email me and ill tell you its easy and I guarantee you u can too, dont worry i wont charge anything im not a scam i just want people to not have their money help by the thieves paypal is, I finally got all my money transfered to my bank but my account still limited, then last week I transfered $3500 to my husbands paypal so he could transfer to his bank and before i knew paypal also limited his account permanently saying the same thing i flipped out i was so mad, and i did the exact thing i did to mine and thank God yesterday i was able to transfer his funds to his bank account while his paypal still limited. So i know their game now i will help you I promise you i know what to do and ill tell u its my pleasure to have people be able to take their money out of their hands i never want to do business with paypal again! Email me

Login to Me Too

RonaldWhite1963
Contributor
Contributor
It won’t show your email but paypal is doing the same thing to me and I’ve got my payment from the Pua soon as I got it they froze my account and I sent in the doc but they permanently limited my account and Keeping my funds for 180 days it’s not fair and I need this money during these hard times I can’t believe they would do this to me
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get my message?
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor

My email is <removed> please help me

Login to Me Too

Heathers70
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money? How? How long?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.