Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Me too ginaiurato .

And it’s on the icloud or Gmail
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to see if you could help me. My email is [removed]

Login to Me Too

Twidc
Contributor
Contributor

If you really can help please contact me. [removed] or [removed] it wont let me put my at sign in for the emails

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
They remove email address on this site phone numbers to. This site is confusing and complicated. Open case online Better Business Bureau.
Login to Me Too

BBrian0177
Contributor
Contributor

@olboy1155 i dont know whats going on I contacted BBB for three days now and I haven't gotten a mail from them yet I filed another complaint yesterday. And still I haven't gotten a response from them I made a complaint with the Distrcict of Attorney also. i don't know why I haven't gotten a response from BBB yet 

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I don't either. Did you write down the number they assigned your case? I mean I'm sure you have them the correct email. It's probably impossible to get a hold of the BBB by phone these days, but you might research that and try to call your local office. Maybe every time you get back onsite it's kicking you back in the line. I would try to call and stay of the BBB site for like 4 or 5 days. I know I felt I was getting some help once they emailed me. It's so hard to be patient with this, but you must be. Waiting a month or so is better then waiting 6 months.
Login to Me Too

BBrian0177
Contributor
Contributor

@olboy1155 ok i thought i was supposed to receive a mail some days later that they already sent my complaint to Paypal but its better waiting one month instead of six month true 

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,once you open a case with the BBB. They will send you an email confirming things. But it takes a few days, took them 3 to reply to me. Threw that email you will find out the deadline date that PayPal has to respond to them by. Me I had forgotten I saved that email. So after a couple weeks I wanted to check on things so I went back to the BBB site even without my case number. And it wasn't a problem they sent me another email which even allowed me to add some things about the lousy customer service from PayPal. Such as,how it says at the bottom of the PayPal page that you can get a copy of all previous messages for the past thirty days. But you really can't. Anyway hope your on the right track. The BBB should email you but no regular mail, if that's what were thinking. Sounds like, if it's been sent out, that you now know the deadline dates, and it's just a waiting game.
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
If you haven't gotten the initial email from the BBB. Stay off the site for a a few days, cause if you are going on it daily it may be pushing you to the back of the line. Give them time to process and get back to you. I'm gonna say 5 days but I don't know ok. Hope your getting my drift. Good luck!!!
Login to Me Too

Smash3
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing happen to me! I am a single mother with no help from the the father or welfare... I cant even get food assistance from them! I need my money to pay off the Bill's that are only increasing and I'm about to be evicted and lose my car! I dont understand what Pay Pal is doing taking people's Unemployment when it is clearly from the government and we are all out here struggling!!! That's the problem out here today... everyone is try a scam everyone else n we should b coming together at such a horrible time with the pandemic and they just wanna throw us to the wolves and not give a flying... u know... plz help me!! I cant see ur email due to pay pals snakey business operations!!! Plz plz plz plz help me!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.