Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

kmvisher
Contributor
Contributor
Im still waiting after 249 days.
Login to Me Too

Heathers70
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted an attorney.. waiting on call back
Login to Me Too

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor
can u please help me. They just did the same to me I'm so livid right now
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Go online to the BBB, Better Business Bureau. Open a case against PayPal. Also, someone in the community is fileing a class action suit against Paypal, check into that. I also wrote PayPal Corp. In California a personal letter addressed to management. You can get that address from the BBB. It sucks, they have robbed us. And are using are money to make profit. For a minimum of the next 6 months. From what I've seen and read, it could be longer. I'm afraid, no matter what, this is going to take time to fix. Time we don't have.
Login to Me Too

Richbos777
Contributor
Contributor
Please tell us here. We cant see your email address.
Login to Me Too

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor

it wont let me put my email but <removed>

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I,m still waiting to hear back from the Better Business Bureau. Otherwise, I don't know what else to do. Fighting a big business they have the money and the power. They have legally robbed us to use the money as they see fit for at least 180 days. Really still can't believe they are allowed to pull this off. But really they don't even have to say what fraudulent or suspicious activity was going on. Cause their was none. Sorry.... Wish I was more help. But I'm still in the same boat.
Login to Me Too

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor
Right something needs to be done with them and they need to shut paypal down. Im tired of **bleep**ing with them. They **bleep**ing with my kids when they taking that money and thats not gonna happen! But i did make an complaint with the BBB and they responded back that they have assigned my case to someone and to give them til september 12th
Login to Me Too

Needhelpplz81
Contributor
Contributor
Message paypal and tell them u have a right to appeal it and they will email u and tell u what to send in and do
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I will message that request for my right to appeal promptly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.