Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I've told them I want to appeal the limitation. And it's gotten nowhere. They repeatedly Send the PayPal has a right to do whatever they see fit message.
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Contact the BBB, open a case against them. Also, message PayPal, you have a right to appeal the permanent limitation. Ask for instructions. I have just now done so. I'm told they will actually answer this. But from my EXPIERIENCE they don't answer anything.
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
How do you get your money back from those crooks? Send me a message so I can get your email.
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Alamoshade
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation plz help
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Contact the BBB open a case. Write PayPal Corp. In Cali. It took about a month but my account just got reopened. Tell everyone. Pass the word
Login to Me Too

Alamoshade
Contributor
Contributor
Plz help me
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Contact the BBB open a case against PayPal. Write PayPal Corp in Cali a letter. It took about a month but my account is opened today. Pass the word. Complain about customer serv. And being ran in circles. Tried to email you yesterday but it didn't send. But my account was not reopened then. Today it is. Takes time know one has, but you gotta keep on it.
Login to Me Too

Tatijackson3814
Contributor
Contributor

Hey can you help me? My email is <removed> please help me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.