Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Neguinha20
Contributor
Contributor
Oh my god! Me too! I had all my retro pua deposited into my paypal about $9500 and now they are holding it from me for 180 days, i am livid, i am unemployed and this is my only income they cannot do that we haven’t done anything wrong, i have emailed them millions of time and i have seeker help from authorities hopefully they will be able to help me paypal is ridiculous
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and wrote PayPal corporate a letter. Atrocious customer service. I see some people have been fighting for years. I'm feeling robbed.
Login to Me Too

Heathers70
Contributor
Contributor
BBB did nothing at all to help me
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
They are doing this to everyone I even posted something on tic Tok to them hoping it would get recognized by someone if it went viral but it hadn’t I wrote the bbb and my Congress lady unfortunately PayPal makes it so u can’t reach and real person after they have **bleep** your over watch call from a blocked number or someone else’s and you will get ahold of someone say u don’t hVe a PayPal
Login to Me Too

andreakay40
Contributor
Contributor
Can someone please help me. PayPal is holding her pua unemployment backpay and she is a single mom with bills due. My heart is breaking for her.
Login to Me Too

Heathers70
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get your money? If so..how? And how long did it take?
Login to Me Too

Reyes42
Contributor
Contributor
This just literally happened to my husbands account and they said he no longer could use PayPal and that they are going to hold his money for 180 days and all he had coming in was his unemployment and i have tried every which way to contact someone and nothing we can’t wait for six months that money is what is keeping us afloat during these times!!! He did nothing on his account that they said he did they came up with three different things that said happened and that’s why the account was put on limitation and this morning he got the email about not being able to use the account anymore they just want to keep the money the longer they keep it the more they make! This is ridiculous please let me know if you guys find a solution
Login to Me Too

Neguinha20
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, im sorry i just saw your message, oh my god! Im so sorry it happened to you also, i could not believe it when it happened to me, this happened to me 3 weeks ago, i got approved for PUA unemployment and they retroactive payed me into my paypal account as i do not have a bank account and the amount was $9538 this is alot of money i am unemployed this money will save my life right now and paypal out of nowhere the day the money was deposited into my account decided to freeze my account then asked for a bunch of documents i sent them all and still they did not lift the limitation they instead said they didnt want to do business with me any longer because supposedly I violated the agreement which is not true i had just started using paypal and my first payment was this direct deposit from unemployment i had just received i was lost hurt i did not know what to do they said they were holding my funds for 180 days and here i was with no money and recently separated from my husband at my daughters house and with no job, so i contacted Bbb and bbc and filed a complaint i also emailed paypal everysingle day in 3 weeks explaining where the money came from again and 3 days ago thank God one good agent sent me a message and asked me to provide all documentation again and he would review it and give me a response, today for the mercy of God and this amazing agent i woke up to having 4 messages from paypal, the first one was a different agent that probably got one of my messages because 3 days ago i sent about 5 messages to them begging to let me withdraw my money, so one agent emailed me and said there was nothing they could do that my funds were going to be held for 180 days, right after this agents message i got another message from another agent saying that she looked further into my account and my documents and that they were lifting the limitation on my account and i can now use and transfer my money out of paypal that they are sorry about what happened and I couldn’t believe it i cried, and the other message said my account has been restored and the other one was another agent just saying he looked into account and saw everything had been resolved and wished me well, i am truly so happy right now i will be able to make a living again, i wanted to share it with you that for the past 3 weeks there were not a day i did not message paypal asking to please consider and lift the limitation as i did nothing wrong and sent all documentation again, also contact those two authorities they do contact paypal for you, i rly hope it works out for you too, i was able to activate my paypal card already and tomorrow i will start doing the transfers out of paypal, it is a large amount so i am hoping ill be able to do it in one day! Good luck to you, you will be able to get it done dont gove up!
Login to Me Too

Reyes42
Contributor
Contributor
I’m glad that you finally got through to them We have already gone through so many people in fact a lady called my us and today and told him there’s nothing they can do. So i do not know what to do anymore they aren’t listening and not wanting to help we need access to those funds that’s our only means right now. My husband is getting really discouraged and this is just giving us a really bad headache. We cannot be waiting six months for the funds by then we will be in the streets. This is so unacceptable they don’t even try to investigate his account nobody wants to help us.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.