Permanently limited account

CharlesKSuiza
Contributor
Contributor

My account was just permanently limited for trying to change from a business (only made this PayPal account for YouTube purposes in 2019) to a personal account since I'm applying for a job as a transcriber. But in doing so, my account was limited for said action. I have not placed any funds nor any bank accounts because I was still preparing and now that the transcribing company requires me to have a PayPal account, this is really the bad time. I haven't even touched this account since 2019. Only now I've started to use it. I don't even know if I should just have this account closed and make another because this is an inconvenience.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CharlesKSuiza 

If its a permanent ban and paypal have sent an email to say you can no longer use their services then its you that is banned and not just your paypal account.

You wouldn't be able to close a permanently limited account as paypal limit it to stop you removing anything from it and trying to open another paypal account.

If you do open another account that one would be limited also.

You would need to reach out to customer services to see if there is anything you can do to lift the ban but normally if they say its permanent then thats the end of their decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CharlesKSuiza 

If its a permanent ban and paypal have sent an email to say you can no longer use their services then its you that is banned and not just your paypal account.

You wouldn't be able to close a permanently limited account as paypal limit it to stop you removing anything from it and trying to open another paypal account.

If you do open another account that one would be limited also.

You would need to reach out to customer services to see if there is anything you can do to lift the ban but normally if they say its permanent then thats the end of their decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CharlesKSuiza
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass that's the thing. Why would I get banned for something "questionable" when all I did was try to change from business to personal? It's just unfair to say that I got banned "just for that" and even explained everything in the Resolutions Center. I complied with what they asked me to give and this is what I get?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.