Permanently banned account for no reason

Nixibabie
Contributor
Contributor
My account was permanently banned randomly the other day for no reason. If the reason was i was underage when I made the account then why have I been fine for a year after I added verification to my account. When I called the help center someone told me I was to young when I made my account but that is incorrect because PayPal allows minors to have accounts with parental permission my mom set it up for me as a teen so that I was able to get payed by my job as a teenager that's how I got my checks and if that is really the problem I need PayPal to release my funds and delete my bank info and account so I can create a new one now that I am an adult. I need the money in my account for rent this month or I will go homeless!!!!!!! this is not an option to wait 180 days to get my money I HAVE to have it THIS month for bills.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nixibabie 

Paypal does NOT allow minors to open and account with or without adult permission and your parents cannot break Paypal rules for you.

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18 so as you opened an illegal underage account you were correctly banned for that reason.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits or receive funds.
As you would be unable to verify your account or it showed you were underage when you opened the account it would be permanently locked for further use.

Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.
You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.