Permanent limitation

Sharnehutch
New Community Member
I have received an email saying we have placed a permanent limitation on your account. I have violated PayPal acceptable use policy. Why ??? . I sold one item on eBay, the payment was put on hold. I have purchased nothing via PayPal that would result a ban. No explanation no nothing. Any ideas why... Can anyone advise how to contact PayPal for a reason?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharnehutch 

They won't and never do give you a reason, if you phone the agent you speak to will have no idea as its a decision made by the back office ie the higher up managers and they won't speak to you or say why just that you have violated their policy in some way. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharnehutch 

They won't and never do give you a reason, if you phone the agent you speak to will have no idea as its a decision made by the back office ie the higher up managers and they won't speak to you or say why just that you have violated their policy in some way. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Olamild
Contributor
Contributor

That is accurate. They will not give you any specific information. I just spent an hour on the phone to ask why they placed a permanent limitation on my account and the agent went in circles throughout the duration of the call. They will repeat reasons why they limit people's account but you will not get any specific information about why yours was limited. They will also tell you that the decision is FINAL. I asked over and over how to appeal because I did nothing wrong and they told me that I could not appeal. 

Login to Me Too

Darqmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

im dealing with the exact same thing. Ive done absolutely nothing to get a limitation. my account is a business account and my last activity was receiving $60 from a student. Before that i had donated some money to the black lives matter movement. I have a lot of expenses to pay and need my account back immediately 

Login to Me Too

DebbyJo
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.