Permanent ban

bondazer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Last night my paypal account permanently restricted. I suspect the reason is I sent a payment to one of my friends to buy some digital currency in a game. Although I have been buying from him for nearly 6 months, I got permanently restricted following my last transaction. I asked him about this and then he told me he had a "chargeback" dispute going on for some time and then he lost the case in last few days. Therefore although he was the one who opened case to get his money back, he lost it. I suspect paypal has condemned me to be taking part in this so called "fraudulent activity" then gave me a perma ban.

For mmorpg players like me, this case probably is not that new 🙂

I hope some of you could help me, which path I should follow ?

p.s : Till now no one has opened a case against me. My history is pretty  clean. Also, I have tried giving them a call but due to COVID-19 they do not support phone customer service. I also sent messages to them but they kept answering me with their copy paste replies..

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TabbyCleo
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me and they think that I've been involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior which is not true at all if you look at my statements it clearly shows that money was sent to me and I've sent some to friends ect but no possible fraudulent or high risk behavior at all is on the statements. It's getting ridiculous just reopen my account already so I can get my money remove my bank details and that's all I want to do. I'm still emailing PayPal back and forth in getting fed up so I've contacted the Better Business Bureau so if PayPal wants to play hard ball then fine. I can't even get them on the phone as they keep hanging up on me. Hope you get your issue resolved @bondazer best of luck to you

Login to Me Too

bondazer
Contributor
Contributor

The person I paid to is a close friend of mine so I will request him to make refund if he can, or I will "report a problem" and ask for a refund and will request him to accept it. While filling up case I will explain this situation so I hope customer service representative will pay attention to it. I also tried giving calls and writing them messages but meh they are not giving something 🙂

Login to Me Too

TabbyCleo
Contributor
Contributor

I know what you mean I've tried calling and keep getting hung up on and the messages I send the always reply with the same automatic reply which is getting annoying.

Login to Me Too

MKangels21
Contributor
Contributor

First, they will say your transaction(s) look suspicious. Then, they will limit your account even if you provide all the LEGAL documents they asked from you. The last email will give you a heartache because it says "You can no longer do business with Paypal".

I guess honesty is NOT the best policy here. Do they even use humans to investigate our account activities?

Business people whose income/transaction does not have a pattern should stop using pp.

Crypto traders beware as well !

Login to Me Too

Tricia82
Contributor
Contributor
They permanently banned me as well but without an explanation. I didn’t even do anything except get a few cents here and there deposited from a google game. I have $7 dollars in my account that’s it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.