Permanent account limitation

TimoMig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal community! Hope everyone is safe in this weird period of time!

2 years ago I had created a Paypal account with a fake name. After a few weeks, I got asked for my ID and I could not prove that it was me. My account then got permanently limited. After this happend, I tried to make a new account with all of my real information, this one also got limited because the information of this account matched with the other information on my other account. 

I totally understand that my account with the fake name has gotten permanently limited for fraud. I simply was young and did not read the rules of Paypal. I then made a professional email and send it to their appeal email, I got a reply after 2 weeks of waiting. This email was basically an automated email that they are not going to change their mind and they my account will stay limited permanently. 

How am I still a risk to Paypal when I make a new account with all of my right information? I want to start a business model where 70% of my customers pay with Paypal and the other 30% with a creditcard. So it is really crucial that my Paypal account gets unlimited. 

It would be awesome to get some tips on what I could do and try! I really regret using a fake name, it has been the worst mistake in my life since Paypal is being used soooo much. Please help me 😞

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TimoMig 

Sadly if you chose to break their rules once then they are not going to think you are low risk again are they. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TimoMig
Contributor
Contributor
It was a mistake that I had made 2 years ago. I didn't do any fraud or anything. Is there really nothing I can do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.